The Cell of Our Lady of Walsingham and S. Joseph, erected in the church of All Saints', South Wimbledon.
The Cell is made up of members of The Society of the Holy House of Our Lady of Walsingham and is led by a Cell Superior, who is a Priest Associate of the Holy House - usually the Vicar of the Parish.
The Cell offers pilgrims to Walsingham an opportunity to strengthen and renew the spiritual benefits of their pilgrimage.
Members of the Cell are asked to observe the feasts of the Annunciation of the Lord (March 25th), and the Assumption of Our Lady (August 15th), together with the Translation of the Image of Our Lady of Walsingham from Parish Church to the present Shrine in 1931 (October 15th), and to pray regularly for the work of the Shrine and for the objects of the Society.
It is a focus for prayer for all within the parish.
It promotes pilgrimage to Walsingham, and organises an annual weekend pilgrimage - often in July.
Meetings of the Cell begin with a Mass of Our Lady of Walsingham. They are open to all - you do not have to be a member.
For further information, and details of meetings, please contact:-
Miss Jenny Hardy, 24, Trafalgar Road, London SW19 1HR
Here are some pictures of the Shrine:-
A group of Pilgrims The shrine house